Ray tracer Benchmark
The verbosity and performance of the ray tracers was measured on the following machine:
- Debian GNU/Linux
- AMD Athlon64 X2 dual core 2.2GHz (4400+) Socket 939 CPU
- Asustek A8N-SLI Premium S939 nForce4 SLI ATX motherboard
- HP LP2465 24" widescreen TFT monitor
- Gainward GeForce 7900GT 512MB DDR3 PCIE DUAL DVI graphics card
- 2x 1Gb Corsair Memory CMX1024 3200C2PT XMS3200 1GB 184DIMM CAS2 RAM
- Western Digital Caviar 250GB S300 16mb 7200rpm hard drive
The F# for Visualization library was used to visualize the 64-bit results with verbosity measured in Lines Of Code (LOC) and whitespace-compacted bytes, producing the following results:
Figure: Speed vs verbosity (in non-blank lines of code).
Figure: Speed vs verbosity (in whitespace-compacted bytes).
Read OCaml for Scientists now!